Simulation-Based Supply Chain Optimisation
An optimized international supply chain and consolidated warehouse requirements.
1. Problem Statement
- The client is looking for sustainable cost benefits from determining the most efficient means of sourcing, storing and moving goods and supplies to the point of demand while maintaining a desired service level and to quantify the set-up of an optimized inventory and transportation network to make informed business decisions.
2. Solution Approach
- Data collection (Items per SKU, Demand, Suppliers, Storage Locations, Transport Modes, Costs);
- Greenfield Modelling (best suited locations based on customer locations and demand);
- Base case Modelling (current supply chain: movements, costs, etc.)
- Scenario Development (various modes, storage locations etc.)
- Optimised and Recommended Supply Chain;
3. Project Outcomes
- Highlight inefficiencies and improvement opportunities in current supply chain.
- Redesign and optimize its current world-wide supply chain networks to improve its reliability, responsiveness performances and reduce supply chain management cost.
- Consolidate the de-centralized and diversified inventories into one Logistics.
- Determine best solutions to support the organization of a Request for Proposal process in terms of future network designs as well as inventory management and transport operation requirements.