Develop a simulation model that indicates the best configuration of shift patterns and resources in a cash centre required to achieve a desired turn-around time
The best resource configuration and shift patterns for various cash centres (including busy and average months). Delivery of a simulation model representing current cash centre operations. The model provides scenario testing abilities and can be implemented operationally in the future.
1. Problem Statement
- Analysis of current resource utilisation and transaction turn around times considering current resource configuration and shift patterns;
- Determine ideal resource requirements and shift patterns to meet demand and desired turn around times;
- Build the simulation model to allow future model operationalisation and testing of scenarios regarding transaction volumes, processing times, different resource shift patterns and configurations etc.
2. Solution Approach
- Process mapping of the current system and business processes used;
- Gathering and analysis of data relating to current processing times, deposit arrival patterns, deposit denomination, percentage rework and damage, machine processing times etc. ;
- Development and validation of a simulation model of the current system with current business and processing rules;
- Scenario testing involving resource allocation and shift patterns, CIT arrival patterns and reception rules;
3. Project Outcomes
- Indication of the best resource configuration and shift patterns for various cash centres (including busy and average months);
- Delivery of a simulation model representing current cash centre operations with scenario testing abilities and the ability to be implemented operationally;