Manufacturing Benchmarking and Assessment
Evaluated and defined manufacturing capability to align with opportunities for future growth and CAPEX requirements.
1. Problem Statement
- As part of an extensive strategic intervention, a large FMCG company requested that a total 34 of its manufacturing plants were to be analysed, benchmarked and reviewed with short, medium and long term initiatives identified.
- The aim was to improve gross margins, unlock capacity to support future growth and implement a standardised organisational blueprint.
2. Solution Approach
- The Fourier-E Manufacturing Framework was employed to perform a large scale manufacturing assessment across the entire manufacturing profile focussing on:
- Finance; Labour; Equipment; Facility Layout; Product Mix
- Manufacturing Capability (OEE, Adherence to plan etc.)
- The APQC Benchmark standard was used to compare against international standards
3. Project Outcomes
- Detail manufacturing assessment for each manufacturing facility
- Opportunities for improvement, presented in business case format highlighting the cost (CAPEX requirement), benefit (savings and capacity) and implementation guidelines
- Benchmarked performance to be used as baseline for future improvement initiatives