Develop fact base of supply chain operations with specific aim to evaluate fulfillment performance (from procurement through to client delivery) and identify areas for improvement (across people; process and technology) and derive implementation roadmap to enable required results.
The identification of opportunities for improvement in the end-to-end supply chain.
1. Problem Statement
- The supply chain was out of balance. Wrong stock was ordered, produced and stored in finished goods.
- Stock shortages with regards to: Field service maintenance activities; Production Line;
- Stock surplus with regards to: Certain raw materials/components; Finished goods (unable to sell);
2. Solution Approach
- Supply chain assessment: Understand and map the entire fulfilment operations (resources; processes; technology). Identify data requirements to determine fulfilment performance;
- Fact-base development: Analyse process fulfilment data and compile Fact-Base (one version of volumes/costs/movements within the supply chain);
- Opportunity identification: Highlight problem areas and visualise/contextualise the opportunities;
- Improvement Roadmap design: Develop a step-by-step guide to implement the necessary changes to resolve the problems;
- Conduct a strategic workshop to determine Supply Chain strategy;
3. Project Outcomes
- A fact-base from where all improvement/optimization activities will be derived from;
- A list of problems that were identified;
- Improvement initiatives that will be required to solve the certain problems that were identified;
- Identification of supply chain metrics to measure the performance of the end-to-end supply chain;